LEONI Histral® R15
Copper based resistance alloy, CuSn6, Bronze 6
|Resistivity* (Ohm mm2/m)||0.1110||0.1330|
|Electrical Conductivity* (% IACS)||15||13|
|Tensile Strength* (N/mm2)||380||690|
|Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (1/°C)||0.00065||0.00065|
* Data depend on coating conditions, degree of cold working and thermal treatments during manufacturing process
- Higher flex life results
- LEONI Histral® R15 provides exceptional flex life and offers best performance in high vibration and movement situations.
- High temperature performance
- The high strength is maintained at elevated temperatures.
- Good resistivity (specific resistance)
- LEONI Histral® R15 is an ideal material for heating elements.
- Very low temperature coefficient
- This shows the relative change of resistance as the temperature rises or falls. Almost all metals have a positive temperature coefficient, meaning that as the temperature increases so does the resistance. This is of particular significance in heating cables and elements. The lower the temperature coefficient of a heating cable, the more uniform the heating power as temperature increases. The temperature coefficient of LEONI Histral® R15 at 0.00065 is lower than that of CuNi6 (0.00072), currently the most widely used conductor in heating cables and elements.
- High corrosion resistance
- LEONI Histral® R15 is an alloy of copper and tin, commonly called bronze. Bronze is highly corrosion resistant as proved by the large number of Bronze Age (about 2200-800BC) tools that are still being found intact.
- Connecting options
- LEONI Histral® R15 is suitable for soldering, crimping and ultrasonic welding.
- Environmentally friendly
- LEONI Histral® is RoHS compliant in accordance with UE Directive 2011/65/EG. The materials contain no cadmium or other harmful elements and meet the high demands placed on modern eco-friendly materials. They are also fully compliant with all current REACh legislation. In response to inquiries made, we can confirm that our products do not contain any minerals that originate from regions of conflict. They are in full accordance with the American Dodd-Frank-Act.
Improved safety reduces failure risk
Under similar electrical and thermal conditions LEONI Histral® R15 has a significantly longer operational life compared with CuNi6.
Comparison CuNi6 to LEONI Histral® R15
|CuNi6||LEONI Histral® R15|
|Conductivity (% IACS)||17||15|
|Tensile Strength (N/mm2) soft||> 250||> 380|
|Tensile Strength (N/mm2) hard||> 520||> 690|
|Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (1/°C)||0.00072||0.00065|
- Signal cables
- Signal cables in robotics face very high mechanical demands. In medical equipment these conductors are required to provide the precision and reliability that are vital for patient safety.
- Heating mats and electric blankets
- Heating mats, similar to carpets or rugs on the floor, and subject to high mechanical stress.
- Car seat heating
- Glued or stitched heating areas on non-woven fabrics for original equipment or retro-fitting.
- Steering wheel heating
- In addition to seat heating woven or stitched heating areas on non-woven fabrics, shaped and contoured for steering wheels.
- AdBlue® is a solution synthetically generated from high-purity urea in de-mineralized water. It is applied whenever exhaust fumes are re-treated in an SCR-catalyst. The solution needs to be kept heated because of its early freezing point at –11 °C.